Wedding for Japanese couples
Departure at 10.00 a.m. from the hotel.
- Transportation by Mercedes from the hotel to Chateau Modave. Most of the drive is scenic.
- Welcoming of the bride and groom by the Manager of the Chateau or her Assistant.
- Private drawing-room with adjoining dressing room at disposal of the wedding couple (picturesque outlook on the valley of the Hoyoux river).
- Light refreshments.
- Bouquet of fresh flowers offered to the bride and buttonhole flower offered to the bridegroom.
- The couple is brought through the Chateau's chapel.
- Wedding ceremony conducted by a priest - appropriate music for the occasion - lecture of a text and presentation of rings (brought by the couple).
- Signature of a certificate given to the couple.
- Signature of the wedding couple's names in the golden book.
- Gifts for the couple
- Champagne cocktail in the Louis XIV Drawing-room.
- Photo cd of approximately 50 colour photographs taken during the ceremony and the couple's stay in the Chateau. Weather permitting, the couple will be driven by car into the valley of the Hoyoux river for a photograph with the Chateau on the cliff in the background.
- Flower arrangement in the different rooms occupied by the couple.
- Japanese attendance (also for optional agreements).
- Ceremony possible every day, except Saturdays, Sundays & Belgium national holidays.
- Duration: minimum six hours.
- Departure from Chateau around 15.30 p.m. - arrival Brussels around 16.45 p.m.
- Reservation: minimum six weeks in advance.
- Hairdressing and make-up in one of the best salons of Brussels
To be done at the hair salon on the wedding day at 07.50 a.m. before departure to Modave.
After hairdressing, return to hotel.
- Video filming (approx. 30 min.)
- Prestigious lunch served in the Blue Drawing-room (2-10 pax) or in the Hercules Drawing-room (more than 10 pax) of Chateau Modave*.
The menu consists in: starter - soup - main course - dessert - wines and coffee.
Flower decoration (if the lunch is chosen, departure around 17.30 p.m. and arrival around 18.45 p.m.).
Tour of Chateau in Japanese - refreshments - participation in cocktail after ceremony.
Transfer of accompanying persons:
- rental of a second car
- VIP coach (up to 8 people)
The Minute by Minute Schedule of The Whole Program
|07.50 a.m.||If hairdressing and make-up, departure hotel to salon.
After hairdressing, return to hotel.
|10.00 a.m.||Departure Brussels to Modave.|
|11.30 a.m.||Arrival Modave and welcome.
Tour of Chateau (Japanese attendance).
|11.45 a.m.||Preparation of the ceremony.
Getting dressed - light refreshments - etc.
Explanation of the ceremony.
|12.30 p.m.||To the chapel.
The ceremony with music.
|13.00 p.m.||End of ceremony.
Signing in the golden book.
Presentation of the gifts from Modave.
|13.05 p.m.||Proceed to Louis XIV Drawing-room.
Champagne cocktail with priest, Japanese attendant, Manager of Modave, etc.
Photo taking (weather permitting, photo taking in the gardens).
|15.30 p.m.||End of program without lunch.
Return to Brussels.
|16.45 p.m.||Arrival Brussels.|
|*** OR ***|
|13.30 p.m.||Lunch served in the Blue Drawing-room or Hercules Drawing-room*.
After lunch, photo taking.
|+/- 17.30 p.m.||Return to hotel.|
|+/- 18.45 p.m.||Arrival Brussels.|
Reservation minimum six weeks in advance
For all information and prices, please contact:
CHATEAU DE MODAVE ASBL
RUE DU PARC 4
Tél : ++32 85 41 13 69
Fax: ++ 32 85 41 26 76
Reservation/Confirmation form shall be drawn in Euros. Payments shall be made directly to Chateau de Modave ASBL in Euros. Payments have to reach Chateau de Modave ASBL at the latest 10 days before the day of the ceremony. Any bank charges shall be taxable to the client.
• Chateau de Modave ASBL will not be held liable for any damage, accidents, looses or thefts which may occur during the event. Chateau de Modave can only organize one wedding per day.
• Any alteration or cancellation of the data contained in the reservation/confirmation form shall be covered by a request in writing, by letter, email or telefax and has to be accepted by Chateau de Modave ASBL.
• If for any reason beyond of control of Chateau de Modave ASBL, the contract cannot be implemented at the schedules day and time, it is cancelled without any compensation or postponed on payment of an additional fare.
• In the event of cancellation, the following cancellations fees shall be charged:
• between 30 and 15 days: 30% of the total amount.
• between 14 and 7 days: 75% of the total amount.
• less than 7 days before the event: 100% of the total amount.
• Any disputed shall be settled exclusively by the Brussels Courts.
• Only the application form in English has contractual value.
Details About The Wedding Ceremony
Upon arrival, a letter from Chateau Modave is waiting for the wedding couple, with welcoming wishes and the complete schedule of the ceremony.
On the wedding day, at 07.50 a.m. meeting of the bride with our Japanese attendant in the lobby of the hotel and departure to the hairdresser's. Transportation by Mercedes with chauffeur.
On the wedding day, at 10.00 a.m., meeting of the wedding couple with our Japanese attendant in the lobby of the hotel. Then, departure to Modave. Transportation by Mercedes with chauffeur. The wedding clothes are put in the booth of the car. Most of the drive (+/- 1.15 hour) is scenic: countrysidelanscapes with forest, a.s.o. The guests of the couple also travel from Brussels to Modave in Mercedes with chauffeur.
At 11.30 a.m., arriving of the Mercedes at Modave. Welcoming of the wedding couple by the Manager of the Chateau or her Assistant. The butler takes care of the wedding clothes. Filming by our cameraman of the arriving of the wedding car in the main courtyard and of the welcoming of the couple.
Presentation of the Chateau (estate, building) and its main owners by the Manager or her Assistant, with Japanese attendance. The wedding couple receives a coloured picture book of the Chateau in Japanese.
At +/- 11.45 a.m., the couple is accompanied to their private drawing-room. This room consists of an antechamber, a dressing room, a bathroom and a drawing-room. The butler hangs up the wedding clothes in the wardrobe of the dressing room. In the drawing-room is a flower decoration, the wedding bouquet of fresh flowers offered to the bride, fresh flowers for the corsage of the bridegroom's costume, fresh fruits and light refreshments served on a plate. Through the window of this room, picturesque outlook (57meters high) over the valley of the Hoyoux river.
During dressing time, the guests are waiting in one of the drawing-rooms of the Chateau, with light refreshments service. If the couple wishes, one guest may accompany in the private drawing-room.
After 45 minutes, at 12.30 p.m., the photographer takes a few pictures, with Japanese attendance. Then, the wedding couple is brought to the chapel through the apartments of the Duke de Montmorency (owner of the Chateau during the XVIIIth century), the Guards room and the main staircase. Upstairs, the wedding couple meets the priest, who accompanies them to the private chapel. Video filming and taking of photographs. The guests are waiting for the couple inside the chapel.
The virgin road is 15 meters long. Appropriate music when the wedding couple enters the chapel. The chapel is decorated with flower arrangements. The ceremony is filmed and photographed. The ceremony consists in the lecture of a text, exchange of wedding vows and presentation of rings (brought by the couple), with Japanese attendance. The priest offers the couple a bible in Japanese.
Details About Optional Agreements
Luncheon at Chateau Modave
Lunch is prepared at the Chateau’s restaurant
Champagne with zakouskis
Cucumber Cream flavoured with Smoked Salmon
Gilthead Bream Fillet
Tenderloin of Beef with Foie Gras and Seasonable Vegetables
Ice Cream Doves Topped with Fresh Fruits
Coffee with Belgian Chocolates.
Of course, this menu varies following the season. Wines from the Chateau's cellar are also chosen following menu and season.
Luncheon is served in the Blue Drawing-room (2-10 pax) or the Hercules Drawing-room (more than 10 pax).
The official cameraman of Chateau Modave is filming from the arriving of the Mercedes transporting the wedding couple in the main courtyard, till the departure back to Brussels. The ceremony in the chapel and the champagne cocktail in the Louis XIV Drawing-room are also filmed. Incase of luncheon, the cameraman is there when wedding dessert is presented to the couple. He is also filming the couple making a walk in the gardens.
After the editing on a romantic background music, the video is sent to the couple (or the agency where the couple booked the ceremony) in Japan.
Hairdressing and make-up
Hairdressing and make-up are created in one of the best salons of Brussels.